The sun is shining and the flowers are beginning to bloom so it can only mean one thing; spring is here! That can only mean that is yet again time for spring cleaning. Living in an apartment makes it easier during this time due to less space to clean overall. Follow these green cleaning tips to get your spring cleaning done as environmentally friendly as possible.
- Instead of using an ammonia based window cleaning opt for four tablespoons of lemon juice with a half gallon of water. Add this to a spray bottle and watch your windows sparkle right before your eyes.
- Mix one part lemon juice to create a wonderful wood polish. This mixture will give your wood a good shine and a fresh scent.
- Clean the vinyl in your apartment (such as chairs or tile flooring) by dipping a cloth into lemon juice.
- Donate your old clothes and clutter to a local nonprofit. Eliminate clutter by giving away items that clog up your apartment. This makes for less cleaning in the future.
- Invest in natural cleaning products such as Mrs. Meyers and Simple Green for any of your other cleaning needs.
This spring, complete your spring cleaning while keeping the planet clean with these green cleaning tips. If you’re looking for more ways to go green, check out the Go Green blogs at The Residences at Rivers Edge.Share back to blog